so many things can and will go wrong with this truck. its like throwing your money out the window each payday. its ridiculous how many times the cel light comes on, and i took care of this truck too.I hear you. I have an early build date as well.
I probably dumped about 2K into it the first year or so after I bought it used at 60K. I finally got it about sorted (knock on wood).
Too bad resale is in the shitter right about now.
Problem these days is nothing else delivers the combination of engine, utility room, and comfort the last gen PF does. Not to mention - try to find another SUV with manual transmission and real 4WD. Xterra and FJ maybe, but they fall short by about 20 cubic ft on cargo space.
Anyway.. just think eventually you'll have replaced every sensor that can fail and you'll be good for another 80K.
It's just funny... A year ago, one of your posts indicated that this car actually very good... Since I have the same model as you, I was thinking at the time, that it's amatter of time until things will go from bad to worse ...this trucks a money pit!!! after changing my maf sensor last week the cel was out for a few days only to return yesterday. dont know what the code is but i can tell you that im so sick of this truck. i spent more money on this truck for repairs then i did on all the previous 4 cars i had before. im going to trade this money pit in . theres to many issues that occur with this vehicle. its a joke!!!
It's just funny... A year ago, one of your posts indicated that this car actually very good... Since I have the same model as you, I was thinking at the time, that it's amatter of time until things will go from bad to worse ...
Here is my list of repairs: (just major ones):
1. Driver side mirror flutters over 110 Km/h - replaced under warranty with a new one. Problem stayed the same with new mirror. Eventually I gave up!
2. Electic motor of the window regulator failed (driver side) - changed under warranty. After the warranty expired, from the 5th year it no loger operates when temperature outside is negative. Similar on passenger side, and eventually I gave up.
3. Front Brake rotors warped at 25,000 KM. Dealer did not want to replace them, but resurfaced. (no cost - no quality either)
4. AC had to be recharged in the 4'td year, (warrany expired), as it was no longer cooling. repair: $380
5. Mass-air flow sensor broke (warrany expired): repair $650
6. Changed tires on $68,000km: $900
7. "Check engine soon" light (warrany expired): reprogram for catalitic : repair$120
8. "Check engine soon" (warrany expired): O2 Sensor: repair $580
9. In-dashboard CD changer broke (warrany expired): replaced with JVC Exad DVD for $1,000
10. Mufler pipe broke after significant rust: repair $480
11. Battery changed: $90
12. Front brakes with brand new rotors: $850
13. Belts craked and replaced idle pully assembly: repair: $420
14. I just came from NISSAN service who finnaly figured out that radiator fan clutch needs to be changed if I want to get rid of the annoyng whisle/cricket noise estimated cost: 340 parts + 180 labour = $520
15. Cam sensor $110 I did replaced it myself
16. Rust, rust , rust everywhere... the step rails are bearly hanging ...
Also I want to mention that I've changed 2 windshields in 7 years, and that the car has significant rust: under the winshield frame, step rails are 60% rusted, as well as rust is coming from the back doors windows frame.
And in the end: "check engine light" comes up 4-5 times a year. I gave up in driving to NISSAN and spend each time $100 diagnostication fee. Instead I've purchased a OBDCII code reader, and I shut off the light myself. Just few days ago another light came up code 0160 (the other bank O2 sensor). I decided to ignore this one.
Note that the design changed in 05, so what is talked about on the 01-04 may not apply to the 05-08.Jeez! My wife and I were just thinking of buying an 05 or 06 with low mileage. Part of the attraction was the idea that it would be very reliable and not need much maintenance. I had just scanned through the forum titles and didn't see much related to late model problems. I'm glad I saw this thread! We may have to rethink buying one of these.