Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 pathfinder- rt. front banging noise when turning, and hitting bumps. local shop spent about 3 hrs. and could not find problem. any help?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Balljoints... Just had my front ones replaced for the same reason - its all nice and quiet now.

It'll probably run you about $350-450.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Have you ever re-greased the front bearing? Mine had noise at 65K miles. I took the hub apart and re-greased the front bearing. Sound went away since..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After almost three weeks, the noise is gone, thanks to the forum! I found the answer in a another post.
"Another source of front end squeals or noises are the front differential crossmember bolts. Over time, the bolts can loosen, allowing the crossmember to shift slightly every now and then, causing noise from the front end...sometimes alarmingly nasty sounding. The fix is to re-torque the crossmember bolts. There are four bolts to re-torque, two on each side of the front crossmember. They are easily accessible from the front of the vehicle without jacking it up. I don't have the exact torque figures on hand, but simply cranking the bolts tight with a 1/2" drive ratchet worked for me."
This was the problem.
Thanks to everyone.
Herb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts