Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all
i think i fryed my headlight harness. (plug that goes into bulb) i think its because of the bulb wattage..
has any one had this problem before. i am looking for a cheap fix. i dont really wanna upgrade to HID's ....

·
Registered
790 Posts
It's not a common problem w/ stock wattage bulbs in place. I suggest you replace the plug and use stock wattage bulbs.

·
Registered
844 Posts
the upgraded ones from pep boys/checker/whatever will hold you over for a while. i've gone through my fair share of them :D best bet is to stick with stock wattage like said above. philips, piaa, and silverstar all make stock wattage bulbs. well, they all used to anyway. but silverstars blow, so i wouldn't recommend those. the philips i've heard awesome things about

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey all
i think i fryed my headlight harness. (plug that goes into bulb) i think its because of the bulb wattage..
has any one had this problem before. i am looking for a cheap fix. i dont really wanna upgrade to HID's ....
I put in aftermarket bulbs in my 02 Spec-V and slowly lost my lights... first left hi, then the whole thing, then right hi, at this point I got off my butt and troubleshot what was going on. Inside my bulb holder it was melting the plastic between the pins and shorting.
I found the best kit ever and fixed the problem for less than $100 bucks!
I noticed on alot of forums I was searching, many other guys were having exactly same problems and no one could find anything that cheap. I mean thats a deal when it could have traveled somewhere hard to find in my wiring harness instead of at the sockets.
This kit takes all the power OFF you vehicle main harness and switches it through some relays. So easy to install I couldnt believe it.
Heres the site where you can get them for the 9004 and 9007 bulbs. I know it fit my Spec-V and also Cobalt SS 07. It probably fits alot of other cars, but my aftermarket bulbs are cutting through the night now! :)

http://www.dealsformywheels.yolasite.com/

Tnx

·
Registered
10 Posts
the upgraded ones from pep boys/checker/whatever will hold you over for a while. i've gone through my fair share of them :D best bet is to stick with stock wattage like said above. philips, piaa, and silverstar all make stock wattage bulbs. well, they all used to anyway. but silverstars blow, so i wouldn't recommend those. the philips i've heard awesome things about

Never settle for OEM! lol.
Heres the site where you can get them for the 9004 and 9007 bulbs. I know it fit my Spec-V and also Cobalt SS 07. It probably fits alot of other cars, but my aftermarket HIGH WATT bulbs are cutting through the night now! :)

http://www.dealsformywheels.yolasite.com/

Tnx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts