Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 pathy with the 3.3l and she is dirt slow.. so i was reading about the 01-04 pathys with the 3.5 according to cars.com the 03 le does 0-60 in 7.7! thats insane! does that sound accurate ? it also says the 1/4 in 15seconds...thats impressive...anyone with one.. do you see some serious performnce with it? also mine has 200,000 miles running STRONG are the 3.5's as reliable? thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently purchased a 01 with the 3.5l. I'm not sure about the performance specs. But I got a 01 because of the 3.5 and the fact that it has 240 horsepower. I felt that the 3.3 was gonna be underpowered. I believe that the 3.3 has 168 horsepower and thought that was gonna be underpowered for a fairly heavy truck.

As far as reliability the 3.5 does have a few issues. Powervalve screws coming loose is the biggest one. Which can be fixed for a few hundred bucks at a garage or if your competent you could do it yourself in a afternoon. Here's a link to the powervalve issue http://www.nissanforums.com/pathfinder/140099-pathfinder-power-valve-failure.html . Other issues are MAF sensor, O2 sensors and fuel injectors.

One good thing is Nissan got rid of the timing belt and switched to a timing chain which theoretically souldn't need to be serviced like the timing belts in the 3.0 and 3.3 liter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We loved our '03 LE.
We went from an '02 Altima SE to the '03 Pathfinder LE. We did notice a slightly slower off the line performance with the Pathfinder but we figured it was because of the weight difference. It never gave us any problems but we were only able to rack up 40,000 miles on it before the Windsor Colorado tornado claimed it.
We bought an '08 Altima S which is not quite the same but a very nice car none the less.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have a 2002 LE 2WD. I believe the 0-60 times are advertised as under 9 sec. Still good numbers for a V6 SUV. There is a 5 speed version which is rated at 250HP with low 8 sec times.

Have a nice day

Hwystar1

·
Registered
130 Posts
I recently purchased a 01 with the 3.5l. I'm not sure about the performance specs. But I got a 01 because of the 3.5 and the fact that it has 240 horsepower. I felt that the 3.3 was gonna be underpowered. I believe that the 3.3 has 168 horsepower and thought that was gonna be underpowered for a fairly heavy truck.

As far as reliability the 3.5 does have a few issues. Powervalve screws coming loose is the biggest one. Which can be fixed for a few hundred bucks at a garage or if your competent you could do it yourself in a afternoon. Here's a link to the powervalve issue http://www.nissanforums.com/pathfinder/140099-pathfinder-power-valve-failure.html . Other issues are MAF sensor, O2 sensors and fuel injectors.

One good thing is Nissan got rid of the timing belt and switched to a timing chain which theoretically souldn't need to be serviced like the timing belts in the 3.0 and 3.3 liter.

you should avoid the 01 pathy at all costs, to many problems to mention, i just traded mine in for a Acura MDX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts