Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this site. I have a 2000 Pathfinder SE 2WD. By the way, this site is very helpful to me, but I have been having some tranny issues.. it shifts very hard from 1st to 2nd, but the rest of the shifts are smoother than the 1st, but not a total smooth shift. It seems to have a longer rev from 1st to 2nd. I changed the fluid but no difference. And also when I first start driving with a cold transmission, it seems to act wierd when I brake from a slow speed. Maybe you guys may have an idea before I bring it to the shop? Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
i noticed the same thing on my pathy (whith is a y2k) but i think its normal. i get out of 1st at about 3500 and second around 3. but for a 8k redline it isnt terrible. also it helps if you let off the gas between shifts, if i dont let off it will go to about 4k before 2nd gear if you let off it will shift quicker and smoother.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. yes, thats exactly what its doing. i guess its normal. i took it to the shop earlier today to get a tune up at 135,000 miles and also checked out the tranny, they cant find any problems with it after driving it. i do find it easier to let off the gas between gears also. besides that, the pathy runs excellent..they are very dependable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts