Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bah i cant beat a GSR w/ headers exhaust intake.....can i?, i got headers and exhaust....what you guys think?...or is a GSR juss outta mah league...as of now anyway...

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
well with that intake and if you advanced your timing I think it would be a very close race, not sure who would win

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
naw, hes outta your leauge, a gsr has 190hp(dont quote me) and u have 140hp.....50hp, and the weight difference between the cars isnt gonna make a difference(not that much to the point where its beatable)

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
See the torque #'s, that will tell you everything. Remember, hp is a hypothetical number, torque is what really matters. People buy horsepower, but they drive torque.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You will get him out of the whole but depending on how long you race he'll eventually catch you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
harris81 said:
See the torque #'s, that will tell you everything. Remember, hp is a hypothetical number, torque is what really matters. People buy horsepower, but they drive torque.
gimme a break man, you just made an ass out of yourself by saying this. Anyway... He's out of your league...the GSR only has 170hp, but dont worry, that's still plenty to spank an SER. Yeah, the nissan has more torque, but it needs it cause it weighs more. The torque gets you rollin and then hp keeps you movin. Even a 4dr GSR weighs less than 2500lbs. Plus that B18C engine responds better to the bolt on mods.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have beat a gsr w/ advanced timing, header, exhaust, and flywheel. I would say your probably gonna get beat, cuz before I had the flywheel I didnt notice too much of a difference with just the header and exhaust. I dont have an intake tho, so that might make a difference. I have a 95 se-r by the way. you'll beat one if he doesnt know how to drive.

·
Sentra E+Boost=WET PANTS
636 Posts
yeah....the v-tec is gonna make a difference come around top of the gears. but you never know...he might be a bad drive like alot of there racers...he might miss a gear. have a bad launch...or just have a slow gsr. go for it. ive smoked gsr's before...and been smoked by them too....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts