Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me ‘06 pathfinder is very unstable over bumps or road damage, especially if I’m not driving in a perfectly straight line. The front seems fine but whenever I go over any medium size road damage the rear of the car gets dangerously unstable and sometimes activates the stability management system (antilock brakes). This happens at speeds anywhere from 40 to 70 mph. The car has 25 k miles and General Grabber tires with pressures set at factory recommended 35 lbs. The suspension looks fine. Nothing’s bent or broken. I bought this as a Nissan Certified car 3k miles ago. What’s up with this thing??:mad:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Stock suspension is always setup for the average person. I put AirLift1000 airbags in my '05 and it improved the road manners dramatically and allows for more luggage w/o bottoming out on bumps... when I get more miles on it I will replace the shocks......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem Found

It turns out that one of the shocks is leaking quite a bit. They're going to replace the rears on both sides under warranty. Problem solved.. hopefully.

·
Registered
19 Posts
70 mph on road damage? I drive logging roads all the time and that kind of speed is asking for trouble. I would suggest you try slowing down a bit when the road gets rough. That may be why one of your shocks is gone too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts