PO340 random no start - Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Sep 30th, 2018, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

PO340 random no start

I have a 06 Altima, automatic, 2.5, 82,500 miles, I drove my car to autozone to get a part for neighbors car that I was helping out, my car ran and drove normal as always , I was inside the store for 15 minutes, when I got in my car to start it, it cranked over but wouldn't start, I made three or four attempts with extended cranking and it made no attempt to start, I opened the hood to see if I could see anything obvious, but nothing, so I shut the hood, made another attempt to start it, and it started like normal, I noticed the service engine soon light on, I drove it home, it ran normal, when I got home I checked with my scan tool and it had a code PO340, and 2 pending code PO340 for Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit, I cleared the code, the car is starting fine now and running normal, no codes have reset, My question is should I replace the camshaft sensor? or should I check anything else, I'm concerned because my wife drives the car to work during the week and I don't want her get stranded. I figured if anyone has seen this before what better person to ask then a Nissan Tech. Any information is much appreciated.

Last edited by kevykevon; Sep 30th, 2018 at 10:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Oct 24th, 2018, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

Update, I replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor , it's been about four weeks now with no further problems.

Nissan Forum > Altima/Stanza > L31 2002 - 2006

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in