Unknown sensor. Need help identifying - Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Aug 9th, 2018, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

Unknown sensor. Need help identifying

So. New to the forum, and my wife has an 03 Altima 3.5 SL. Been having problems with the output speed sensor. But in diagnosing the problem I unplugged this sensor and it seemed to offset the issue. Anyway, trying to figure out what it is that I'm unplugging. I've been researching for 2 weeks and I still can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Aug 10th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Sup Mod keeping the peace

What you're looking at in that second picture is the terminal cord assembly connector. There are three sensors located near the top of the tranny case with two of them closer to the firewall. The vehicle speed sensor is toward the front of the case; the revolution and the turbine revolution sensors are located towards the back of the case. Probably easier to access them from the top of the engine compartment.

KA-T for life, yo!
post #3 of 4 Old Aug 12th, 2018, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogoman View Post
What you're looking at in that second picture is the terminal cord assembly connector. There are three sensors located near the top of the tranny case with two of them closer to the firewall. The vehicle speed sensor is toward the front of the case; the revolution and the turbine revolution sensors are located towards the back of the case. Probably easier to access them from the top of the engine compartment.
So the sensor that the "terminal cord assembly" plugs into is what exactly? I'm just trying to find out as much as i can because I stopped taking my cars to mechanics a long time ago. But I've never owned a Nissan and when the wife bought this one I told her I wouldn't be doing the work to it. We'll needless to say, I'm doing the work to it and now that I've noticed this particular sensor is indirectly related to the problem she is having, I have to know what it is because it's an 8 pin connection and I can't find it ANYWHERE

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old Aug 12th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Sup Mod keeping the peace

There are solenoids and sensor inside the tranny whose wires are connected to the "terminal cord assembly". Here's a picture:

You can certainly find all this info in the FSM (field service manual) for your model year. Here's a web site where you can get one:

Nissan and Infiniti Service Manuals

KA-T for life, yo!

Nissan Forum > Altima/Stanza > L31 2002 - 2006

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in