Nissan Forum banner

Interior overhead lights

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  S A 
#1 ·
I'm out of airspeed and altitude here.

2003 Nissan crew cab. Interior overhead lights will not come on when you open any door nor will they come on with the manual thumb wheel switch. Every fuse I can find is good. They will come on when when you push on them. There is no power to that switch but there is continuity from the positive and negative contacts to ground. The cargo light works just fine. I was considering running a jumper from the cargo light to the thumb wheel switch however the cargo light is only on with the key on.

Anyone have a suggestion I have not tried?

Thanks,

Len

#3 ·
Could not post for a bit, don't know why.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm talking about the two push on dome lights, or overhead lights in the front cab. They push on (turn on and off) just fine but will not come on when any door is opened or manually with the thumb wheel. The thumb wheel will work to raise and lower the instruments lights but when put in detent........nothing.

Thanks, Len

#5 ·
Thanks! I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I did not understand the multi meter readings ( There is no power to that switch but there is continuity from the positive and negative contacts to ground). I can understand continuity from the negative terminal on that switch to ground, but I don't understand why the positive would have continuity to ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.