What is this part called and where csn I get another - Nissan Forum
Altima SE-R Altima SE-R topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Apr 11th, 2018, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 0
What is this part called and where csn I get another

1999 altima 2.4 dohc ....Im helping a friend out he bought this car with # 1 plug snapped off and a shorty socket stuck over it
I helped him get that fixed and we saw that a small metal plate that sits above the timing chain was sheared off or broken by prev owner
What's the proper name for it and where do we find another

Scott burgess is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old Apr 11th, 2018, 09:12 PM
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
smj999smj's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Prospect, VA
Posts: 9,199
On some KA24DE engines, there used to be a timing chain guide above the upper timing chain, which was mounted to the head with two, 12MM head bolts. Due to some noise issues that occurred with it, Nissan later instructed to remove and discard the guide and its two bolts. If that's what you are talking about, then just remove it and toss it in the trash.
smj999smj is offline  

  Nissan Forum > Altima/Stanza > Altima SE-R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is this part called and where to get it? 1998NSGXE B14 95-99 chassis 2 Mar 3rd, 2017 11:10 PM
What is this part called? Sakura808 General Maxima Discussion 0 Oct 26th, 2015 12:22 AM
Trying to find out exactly what this part is called enkeimx6 E/CA-Series & GA16i Engines 1 Aug 7th, 2014 07:49 PM
What is this part called? winstonsmith B11/B12/KN13 82-90 chassis 2 Jan 6th, 2010 06:44 PM
Not sure what this part is called Spelchy E/CA-Series & GA16i Engines 11 Mar 5th, 2004 07:22 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome