"Flippy door" Issue? - Nissan Forum
A34 2004-2008 2004+ Maxima

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 21st, 2019, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Nissan Enthusiast

"Flippy door" Issue?

Hi,

I am having an odd problem with my 2006 Maxima where when setting the thermostat inside the cabin is just whacky. When setting the temperature to coldest 18C (or 60F), it blows cool air. When changing the setting up to just 18.5C (or 62F), the car starts to blow hot air into the cabin. This affects both the left/right controls and it doesn't matter if the two sides are matched or set separately. It doesn't seem to get any hotter if I increase the temperature any higher up to the maximum. I cannot test to see if AC is affected or not as spring/summer is still indecisive and it doesn't appear to be hot enough outside for the AC button to do anything...

So, what i'm wondering is it a "flippy door" that controls how much heat makes it into the system or something else that needs resetting? And if the first, any idea how to get at it?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 22nd, 2019, 07:13 AM
Nissan Enthusiast

There might be an issue with it, but with climate control, the lowest setting is basically the fresh air intake. If it is below 18 outside turning it to 18.5 will activate the heat.
post #3 of 5 Old May 22nd, 2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Nissan Enthusiast

Thanks for getting back to me.

Today was slightly warmer (22C! lol) and was able to test this further. When pressing the AC button, I can hear a slight change in the sound coming from the climate control but the temperature being blown into the cabin continues to be hot at 18.5C or warmer.

Any idea on what might be wrong or how to investigate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old May 28th, 2019, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Nissan Enthusiast

Air/Mix Ratio Door Issue?

Hi folks,

Little update that's probably going to lead to the fix.
The problem seems to be the interior cabin temperature sensor reporting the wrong temperature to the climate control system. It is not the air/mix door. (There is one for driver and one for passenger. What would the odds be that both doors woulda failed at the same time??).

Through more googling and finding the service manual, I was able to run the "A/C System Self-diagnosis Function" starting on Page 42 from the manual. http://boredmder.com/FSMs/Nissan/Maxima/2006/ATC.pdf

My in-cabin sensor is reporting the temperature as being 10c. It's definitely not that. I'll report back when it's fixed but I'm 99% sure that's the problem.

PS. Not sure how to change the title of this thread.
post #5 of 5 Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Nissan Enthusiast

To help people in the future that encounter this.. the in-car temperature sensor was the problem.

Pages 93-95 of the shared service manual, and there's two screws that need removing to get to it.

Nissan Forum > Maxima > A34 2004-2008

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in