Cheap upgrades for the Z - Nissan Forum
Z33 350Z 2003+ 2003+ 350Z VQ35DE - Engine and Chassis Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Nissan Enthusiast

Cheap upgrades for the Z

What cheap(er- if nessasary) upgrades are there for power adders for an 03' 350z enthusiast?

from where? links? i am used to cheap DSM upgrades gaining lots of power- i am kinda cuirius about the bolt ons for this.

You know even my dog hates me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old Jan 19th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Sorta-Newbie

Some of the more popular mods that are in the "couple-hundred" range..

JWT Popcharger
MotorDyne Plenum Spacer

Most other things are going to cost some dollars. The Z isn't a cheap car to mod...those are probably the 2 cheapest power adders to consider, and the popcharger isn't exactly a big power adder. 350Z's aren't cheap to mod.

Money opens up a lot of doors however...namely turbo/superchargers. Or Nismo parts if you don't want to spend quite that much...like exhaust, header, CAI, etc.
#3 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 06:55 AM
NissanForums Newbie

Vega, if you want "cheap" buy a Chevy. If you want good, reliable sportscar transportation. Stick with NISSAN. CAI is affordable, maybe a short shifter too. If you want bigger Dyno numbers, you'll need to save a few bean$. Then you have to decide N-A, Turbo, of Supercharger.. You could also take some weight out of the car. Less mass means a better hp:weight ratio.
#4 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Nissan Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgez
Vega, if you want "cheap" buy a Chevy. If you want good, reliable sportscar transportation. Stick with NISSAN. CAI is affordable, maybe a short shifter too. If you want bigger Dyno numbers, you'll need to save a few bean$. Then you have to decide N-A, Turbo, of Supercharger.. You could also take some weight out of the car. Less mass means a better hp:weight ratio.
I am comparing this to the GTO but the gto monaro is uglier than sin. and i am just balancing some things out- i don't want a stang or a s2000.

are any of you guys up here in MN? ever here of boost factory? well i got a hook up. from what i have been told i cn have all the turbo work done for a about 500 (i know the guys brother) if i suply the turbo and the intercooler. has anyone done a junkyard build on one of these yet via turbo? and what do you guys use to tune the Z anyhow? would the moates ostriich work?

moates.net

#5 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Nissan Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by md350z
Some of the more popular mods that are in the "couple-hundred" range..

JWT Popcharger
MotorDyne Plenum Spacer

Most other things are going to cost some dollars. The Z isn't a cheap car to mod...those are probably the 2 cheapest power adders to consider, and the popcharger isn't exactly a big power adder. 350Z's aren't cheap to mod.

Money opens up a lot of doors however...namely turbo/superchargers. Or Nismo parts if you don't want to spend quite that much...like exhaust, header, CAI, etc.

well those 2 are about 20 hp right there. that isn't TERRRIBLE.

what kidn of power does the car need or weight reduction combo to get it to run a 0-60 in a 5 flat second? do you think?

#6 Old Mar 17th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Nissan Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Nivo88SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega
well those 2 are about 20 hp right there. that isn't TERRRIBLE.

what kidn of power does the car need or weight reduction combo to get it to run a 0-60 in a 5 flat second? do you think?
yeah 20hp at crank minus the drivetrain loss, more or less 11whp or 1mph down the strip.

My shiro totaled, buy it this week!
Parts Shiro. PM me. 7/28/2010

Nissan Forum > Nissan Z > Z33 350Z 2003+

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.