power steering leak, help!!! - Nissan Forum
Z32 Chassis 300ZX 1990-1996 300ZX Z32 Chassis Discussion

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Sorta-Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10
Unhappy power steering leak, help!!!

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum,I own a 1991 300zx auto N/A. I just bought the car one month ago. I have a bad power steering leak from the rack and the high pressure side hose of the power steering pump. And i just ordered the rack from carsteering.com for 315 and 100 of core charge. now i need the high pressure side hose and i would like to know if anybody have one for sale or where i can buy a good quality one but not too expensive. If anyone knows about that please give me a reply , any replies welcome, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Power FC Z32
 
Spongerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
Posts: 2,131
Send a message via AIM to Spongerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljestin
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum,I own a 1991 300zx auto N/A. I just bought the car one month ago. I have a bad power steering leak from the rack and the high pressure side hose of the power steering pump. And i just ordered the rack from carsteering.com for 315 and 100 of core charge. now i need the high pressure side hose and i would like to know if anybody have one for sale or where i can buy a good quality one but not too expensive. If anyone knows about that please give me a reply , any replies welcome, thanks
Buy a OEM because it comes with everthing needed. You can buy from COZ

Specials-Sales-Discounts on Performance and OEM Parts for 300zx 350z G35 240sx
Spongerider is offline  
#3 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Sorta-Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15
i had the same trouble with you, steering leak from the rack..bring it to the dealer and ask them to monitor or checked the steering leaks, ask them why the Nissan steering rack was leaking and what is the cause of it...try to check ebay for some oem parts.
#4 Old Jun 19th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Sorta-Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongerider
Buy a OEM because it comes with everthing needed. You can buy from COZ

Specials-Sales-Discounts on Performance and OEM Parts for 300zx 350z G35 240sx
thanks bro, I am going to buy the OEM
#5 Old Jun 19th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Sorta-Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chizel08
i had the same trouble with you, steering leak from the rack..bring it to the dealer and ask them to monitor or checked the steering leaks, ask them why the Nissan steering rack was leaking and what is the cause of it...try to check ebay for some oem parts.
bro, I already bought the rack (remanufactured), I think I will have to buy the OEM power steering hose, thanks for the reply
#6 Old Jun 20th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Sorta-Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10
have anyone bought the remanufactured power steering pressure hose from Z1 motor sports? I am wondering if that works, anyone please reply
#7 Old Jun 20th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Power FC Z32
 
Spongerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
Posts: 2,131
Send a message via AIM to Spongerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljestin
have anyone bought the remanufactured power steering pressure hose from Z1 motor sports? I am wondering if that works, anyone please reply
You have to swap parts over and that is where the trouble lies. Brittle wires and connector for the sensor. The OEM one comes with the sensor.

Headache (Z1) Vs. plug in play (OEM)?
Spongerider is offline  
Reply

  Nissan Forum > Nissan Z > Z32 Chassis 300ZX

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POWER STEERING LEAK punishking Pathfinder 1 Oct 22nd, 2012 06:23 PM
Power steering leak 66bluefb Stanza 4 Jan 20th, 2006 03:33 AM
Disabling Power Steering on '91 240SX snunes S13 240SX 1989-1994 4 May 15th, 2005 04:50 PM
A Question about Power Steering Fluid samp New Member Forum 0 Jul 14th, 2003 05:30 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On