ESM - Electronic Service Manual - Nissan Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Apr 7th, 2005, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
 
SCHESBH's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 715
ESM - Electronic Service Manual

Hi,

Well I just received my 2005 ESM - Electronic Service Manual for the X-Trail North America. My other CD was for the T-30 Model and it helped but was not our model. If you are in the need of any information, just let me know!

Stephen
SCHESBH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old Apr 7th, 2005, 05:25 PM
X-Trail Moderator
 
ValBoo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Posts: 902
cd

Stephen,

That is great news.

Just curious, can you let us know how much this puppy set you back?



Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHESBH
Hi,

Well I just received my 2005 ESM - Electronic Service Manual for the X-Trail North America. My other CD was for the T-30 Model and it helped but was not our model. If you are in the need of any information, just let me know!

Stephen

ValBoo.
Click Here For My Ride

(QR25DE w/ HS CAI & Header, UR pulley, Timing Advance, SS DP, Magnaflow cat, res & muffler, SS 2.5" exhaust, APEX'i S AFC II, JWT BSR, Tein-S suspension coils drop, A34 SE 18" Mags)
ValBoo is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old Apr 7th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Nissan Fanatic
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 417
Excellent Stephen, thats going to come in handy !
ViperZ is offline  
post #4 of 16 Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
 
SCHESBH's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 715
Having friends

All I can say is that it is great having friends.... especially those that you can pass on any help they may need. LOL

Stephen
SCHESBH is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old Apr 8th, 2005, 06:35 AM
NissanForums Newbie
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 7
Electronic manual

Hi Stephen,

How does one obtain this gem, and what does it cost. I really need for 2.2 D, but any would do.

Thanks,

Bryden
Bryden is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old Apr 8th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Nissan Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 109
how much $$$
XTrail1 is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old Apr 8th, 2005, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
 
SCHESBH's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 715
eBay

I picked it up from an eBay member who sells only ESM's for all vehicles. it cost me a whopping $11.95 U.S. plus shipping and handling. Money well spent.

Stephen

Last edited by SCHESBH; Apr 8th, 2005 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling.... sigh
SCHESBH is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old Apr 8th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Nissan Fanatic
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 417
That is money well spent.

I remember I paid around $80 for my Factory Honda Accord Service Manual and it was worth every penny.
ViperZ is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old Apr 9th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Nissan Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Nobleton, Ontario
Posts: 140
Do you have a link or the seller's eBay name you can share?
chansen is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old Apr 9th, 2005, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
 
SCHESBH's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 715
Do a search

All you have to do is search for X-Trail or X-trail.. it's that simple...

Stephen
Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen
Do you have a link or the seller's eBay name you can share?
SCHESBH is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old Apr 11th, 2005, 07:00 PM
XTRAIL-HOLIC
 
aussietrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney-Australia
Posts: 2,228
Send a message via MSN to aussietrail
Side Mirrors

Hi Stephen,

Can you please do me a favour and check the new manual (mirrors section) and see if the side mirrors of the new xtrails come with the wiring loom which can be connected to the LED signals as an option.

The CD I have for the 2003 model only has the wiring loom for the mirror position controls.

You will find the mirrors under the "Body" section on the manual.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Jalal (Sydney, Australia)

See my X-Trail HERE
See what we have on offer at the
Australian X-Trail Forum or Join us on Facebook
aussietrail is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old Apr 12th, 2005, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
 
SCHESBH's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 715
Checked both

As soon as you get pricing for these LED signal lights let us know.... I am still waiting for Japan... sigh...


I checked the new 2005 and the T30 of the 2004 ESM that I have... none mention any wiring except the one for the heater and movement wire.. there is only one connection.... so what this means is that when one purchases the NISMO Signal Mirror Covers that it is a sperate wire that I would guess a hole has to be drilled to pass the wiring through... and then wired into the side marker? just a guess.


Stephen




Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietrail
Hi Stephen,

Can you please do me a favour and check the new manual (mirrors section) and see if the side mirrors of the new xtrails come with the wiring loom which can be connected to the LED signals as an option.

The CD I have for the 2003 model only has the wiring loom for the mirror position controls.

You will find the mirrors under the "Body" section on the manual.

Thanks for your help.
SCHESBH is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old Apr 12th, 2005, 10:31 AM
ejm
Sorta-Newbie
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Guelph ON
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHESBH
All you have to do is search for X-Trail or X-trail.. it's that simple...

Stephen
Hi

Searching xtrail instead of x-trail will get better results

Ed M
ejm is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old Apr 12th, 2005, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
 
SCHESBH's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 715
My mistake

HI,

Thankl you .. I just noticed the mistake as well... yes xtrail works as well .. also go to eBay in England.. and do a worldwide search as well. This will give you many results that eBay Canada and U.S. do not allow.

Stephen



Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm
Hi

Searching xtrail instead of x-trail will get better results
SCHESBH is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old Apr 12th, 2005, 06:05 PM
XTRAIL-HOLIC
 
aussietrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney-Australia
Posts: 2,228
Send a message via MSN to aussietrail
Thanks Stephen,

I suspected so as well and yes a hole needs to be drilled at the bottom of the mirror to pass the wirre which would be connected to the side signals.

I got the price for the OEM one, still waiting for the price of the aftermarket one (which is chrome and the one I like)

Will post my findings in the accessories thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHESBH
As soon as you get pricing for these LED signal lights let us know.... I am still waiting for Japan... sigh...


I checked the new 2005 and the T30 of the 2004 ESM that I have... none mention any wiring except the one for the heater and movement wire.. there is only one connection.... so what this means is that when one purchases the NISMO Signal Mirror Covers that it is a sperate wire that I would guess a hole has to be drilled to pass the wiring through... and then wired into the side marker? just a guess.


Stephen

Cheers,
Jalal (Sydney, Australia)

See my X-Trail HERE
See what we have on offer at the
Australian X-Trail Forum or Join us on Facebook
aussietrail is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Nissan Forum > Truck & SUV > X-Trail

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter you desired username.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Service Manual ruckerduck B14 95-99 chassis 16 Apr 23rd, 2005 07:41 PM
S13 & S14 service Manual enayat38 S13 240SX 1989-1994 3 Jun 13th, 2004 09:01 PM
96 and 97 Sentra Factory Service Manual bbolander General Discussion 3 Nov 18th, 2003 09:28 AM
Service Manual on CD jadcock Truck & SUV 2 Feb 7th, 2003 10:01 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome