How can I see the timing marks to set the ignition timing for Altima 1995 - Nissan Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jun 25th, 2005, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Zhu
NissanForums Newbie
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
How can I see the timing marks to set the ignition timing for Altima 1995

My car is Nissa Altima 1995. The timing marks are on the crankshaft pulley which is on the right side, so that I can't see these timing marks.
What parts should I take off to see these timing marks on the crankshaft pulley? Should I take of the right wheel, some covers on the right side, and some other parts?

Could somebody give me the direction of step by step to set the ignition timing?
Zhu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old Jun 25th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Superdooper Modderpooper!
 
Asleep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario, Ca
Posts: 3,192
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhu
My car is Nissa Altima 1995. The timing marks are on the crankshaft pulley which is on the right side, so that I can't see these timing marks.
What parts should I take off to see these timing marks on the crankshaft pulley? Should I take of the right wheel, some covers on the right side, and some other parts?

Could somebody give me the direction of step by step to set the ignition timing?
you can see the marks if you shine the timing light down thru the gap between the alternator and fenderwell. i wrote this a week or two ago, get a haynes manual, follow this thread and you can do your timing yourself no problem.
http://nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=97152
Asleep is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old Jun 28th, 2005, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Zhu
NissanForums Newbie
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsleepAltima
you can see the marks if you shine the timing light down thru the gap between the alternator and fenderwell. i wrote this a week or two ago, get a haynes manual, follow this thread and you can do your timing yourself no problem.
http://nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=97152
I saw the timing pointer and the timing marks through the gap as you said above.

Thank you very much, SleepAltima,
Zhu is offline  
post #4 of 11 Old Jun 29th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Superdooper Modderpooper!
 
Asleep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario, Ca
Posts: 3,192
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
no problem. get it done?
Asleep is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Zhu
NissanForums Newbie
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsleepAltima
no problem. get it done?
Thank you, AsleepAltima,
I have replaced the camshaft sensor (distributor) because of oil leaking. There is a notch on the distributor as a referent mark. Before the original distributor is taken off from the engine cover, I marked the distributor notch location on the engine cover. Referring the mark that I marked, I almost installed the replaced distributor on the same location as the original one. I drive my Nissan Altima 95, and it looks OK. Do I need to adjust the timing?

Have a good holiday of 4th of July,


Zhu
Zhu is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 01:17 PM
Superdooper Modderpooper!
 
Asleep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario, Ca
Posts: 3,192
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhu
Thank you, AsleepAltima,
I have replaced the camshaft sensor (distributor) because of oil leaking. There is a notch on the distributor as a referent mark. Before the original distributor is taken off from the engine cover, I marked the distributor notch location on the engine cover. Referring the mark that I marked, I almost installed the replaced distributor on the same location as the original one. I drive my Nissan Altima 95, and it looks OK. Do I need to adjust the timing?

Have a good holiday of 4th of July,


Zhu
you probably dont need to adjust it, but you can check it to insure its ok though. good to hear youre getting things done.
you have a good 4th too. dont get too drunk.
Asleep is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old Jul 6th, 2005, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Zhu
NissanForums Newbie
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsleepAltima
you probably dont need to adjust it, but you can check it to insure its ok though. good to hear youre getting things done.
you have a good 4th too. dont get too drunk.
AsleepAltima,

Thanks for your helping again.

Zhu
Zhu is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:38 PM
NissanForums Newbie
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
I'm really missing something, i've looked for them, and can't see them, the Nissan shop said the timing was computer controlled on a 95 Altima, i would like for them to be wrong, can some one post a picture of the timing marks

Last edited by bass_mann1; Dec 17th, 2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: wrong post
bass_mann1 is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM
NissanForums Newbie
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
you can see the marks if you shine the timing light down thru the gap between the alternator and fenderwell. i wrote this a week or two ago, get a haynes manual, follow this thread and you can do your timing yourself no problem.
http://nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=97152
I'm really missing something, i've looked for them, and can't see them, the Nissan shop said the timing was computer controlled on a 95 Altima, i would like for them to be wrong, can some one post a picture of the timing marks
bass_mann1 is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old Jan 13th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Superdooper Modderpooper!
 
Asleep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario, Ca
Posts: 3,192
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
this is pretty much what it looks like.

http://www.[nico]club.com/articles/images/timing-02.jpg remove the "[ ]"'s and copy/paste the link to see the pic

the shop isnt lying - the timing is computer controlled, but you have to set the base timing using these marks.
Asleep is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
NissanForums Newbie
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
this is pretty much what it looks like.

http://www.[nico]club.com/articles/images/timing-02.jpg remove the "[ ]"'s and copy/paste the link to see the pic

the shop isnt lying - the timing is computer controlled, but you have to set the base timing using these marks.
Thanks, i appreciate it, the pic helped alot
bass_mann1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Nissan Forum > Altima/Stanza > U13 1993-1997 Altima

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter you desired username.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to set timing after timing belt breaks wdw E/CA-Series & GA16i Engines 2 Aug 3rd, 2004 08:36 PM
how to set timing for 87 sentra?? slazzy2k B11/B12/KN13 82-90 chassis 1 Jul 8th, 2004 01:40 AM
Advancing my timing issues 200sxOuTKasT GA16DE 1.6L Engine 22 May 20th, 2004 01:40 AM
ignition timing + A/F ratio p10driver GA16DE 1.6L Engine 0 Apr 14th, 2003 01:35 PM
What to set timing at and where is #1 spark plug Conquest S14 240SX 1995-1998 2 Apr 8th, 2003 09:05 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome