The symtoms are the following
1) engine hesitation when driving. Usually runs good after cold start and will run good for a while. Stop by the grocery (or some errand) and restart engine will run crappy.
2) engine runs good when cold start. Let it idle for a while and it starts to hesitate as temperature goes up then dies.
3) One time I had to stop for errand. Engine ran really bad after restart - warm engine - but I didn't have a choice so I drove it without forcing on stepping on the gas. I manage to go on a long downhill. Seems like cold air blowing on the darn car helps remove the engine hesitation.
1) P0325 - Engine Knock Sensor
Work done already
1) Fixed EGR - found a hose that runs from exhaust gas to valve is burnt to ash - this should be a safety issue and should be recalled. I think the engineer who thought of putting a rubber hose to return the exhaust gas outha be hanged. replaced rubber hose - problem solved - computer code is gone for good.
2) Attempted fix for Knock Sensor problem includes -
a) check the harness per nissan manual - OK.
b) changed plugs, wires, rotor, rotor cap.
The knock sensor problem still exist but check engine do not turn on. I am still hesitant to pull the manifold out to check the knock sensor. I want to exhaust other possibilities before I do a big job for nothing.
c) Research - Found this site and saw this post. www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=25223
I will check the canister this afternoon.
My thought at this point is that, if the knock sensor is shot and the timing retard is only 5 deg, the car should be running a lot better than what I am experiencing.
Anybody have suggestion? I will very much appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!