200SX or 240SX - Nissan Forum
S14 240SX 1995-1998 Including Silvia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old May 11th, 2003, 02:58 PM
N/ANick

200SX or 240SX

Right now i have a 96 200SX SE-R that is giving me engine trouble. I'm thinking about selling it and buying a 95-98 240SX. What are the up and downs of having a 240SX compared to a 200SX. I really like how they are rear-wheel drive is that better than front wheel drive? If i was to drop a s14 red top what kind of difference could i expect? of much does it cost for the strawberry face conversion kit? well any wayt get back to me with any information peace out. NiCK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old May 12th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Nissan Addict

Send a message via AIM to esyip Send a message via Yahoo to esyip
i advise that you keep the SE-R and invest into a SR20DET (either a BB DET or GTi-R DET).

there won't be any difference that you should expect after you swap the S14 red top because there's no such thing.

i wouldn't advise the strawberry conversion kit because i've heard nothing but bad reviews about it or any like it. you have to cut and weld the entire front end to make it fit correctly.

too many differences to list.

AIM & Yahoo: esyip
Quote:
I'm Batman
www.speed-society.com
post #3 of 8 Old May 13th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Nissan Fanatic

i think esyip thought that the S14 DET was red when its black and not to mention the S14 DET comes with a T28 turbo compared to the S13(redtop) T25 turbo. I totalled my 97 SE-R and im getting a S14 240 cause well the 240 i think looks a lot better it is more sport tuned and RWD (drift) kicks ass. But i still miss my SR20

looking
post #4 of 8 Old May 13th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Towards Antisocial

Send a message via AIM to blueboost Send a message via Yahoo to blueboost
dude you need to do some research. I would really like to see you gain more knowledge before you jump into a project like that.

unless you really know what your doing and plan to do the work yourself you are looking at a very expensive project. body work can be very costly. this forum can be very, very helpfull for you. use the search function and get more info on your project before you jump in

Past cars: B13, B14, B15SpecV, '08 Altima 3.5SE Coupe
Current cars: '12 WRX // '10 CX-7 (2.3T)
post #5 of 8 Old May 14th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Nissan Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ccroaddog
i think esyip thought that the S14 DET was red when its black and not to mention the S14 DET comes with a T28 turbo compared to the S13(redtop) T25 turbo. I totalled my 97 SE-R and im getting a S14 240 cause well the 240 i think looks a lot better it is more sport tuned and RWD (drift) kicks ass. But i still miss my SR20
umm, hi, read what i wrote again.

Quote:
there won't be any difference that you should expect after you swap the S14 red top because there's no such thing.
i know my shit.

Quote:
I'm Batman
www.speed-society.com
post #6 of 8 Old May 14th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Nissan Fanatic

im sorry esyip i wasnt trying to say that you didnt know what you where talking about i just type fast replies at work so that my manager doesnt get on my ass for not doing anything.

what i guess i was trying to say was N/ANick thought the s14 DET was red when its a blacktop and that the S14 DET has the T28

looking
post #7 of 8 Old May 15th, 2003, 12:43 AM
Nissan Addict

you know, ccroaddog. you may or may not remember me, but my user name used to be, "wavetwister".

Quote:
I'm Batman
www.speed-society.com
post #8 of 8 Old May 15th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Nissan Fanatic

your right i dont remember you, could you refresh my memory?

looking

Nissan Forum > 240SX/Silvia/S12 200SX > S14 240SX 1995-1998

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.