automatic to manual conversion - Nissan Forum
S13 240SX 1989-1994 Including Silvia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old Nov 19th, 2002, 11:36 PM
89240sxfb

automatic to manual conversion

Hey whats up everybody im new to this site. I think im bout to but an old 89 240sx but its automatic(boo auto's suck!!), anyways, i need to know how to convert it to a manual tranny...if you have done it please give me info, give me sites about it, or give me places that sell kits to convert(do they have those). Also, this car overheats often and its got a practically brand new radiator, i am planning on switching to an sr20det but i would like to have this running well while i prepare the rest of the car for the sr20det. Thanks for everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old Nov 21st, 2002, 01:20 AM
nismo180sx

save the auto and buy a 5 spd SR that when u do the swap
#3 Old Nov 21st, 2002, 05:59 PM
05-06 NF FF CHAMPION!

Send a message via AIM to drift240sxdragqueen
you can buy an sr20det and swap it with ur automatic 240sx and do a 5spd at the same time?
#4 Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:50 PM
s13sr20

Yes of course you can switch to manual...it's not that hard, just need the pedal assembly, master cylinder, and clutch hydro line.

You might try bleeding the air out of your coolant, there should be a bleed screw on the coolant outlet from the engine. Also, make sure your clutch fan isn't worn out.

Dave

Nissan Forum > 240SX/Silvia/S12 200SX > S13 240SX 1989-1994

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.