Boggin, sputtering..help? - Nissan Forum
S13 240SX 1989-1994 Including Silvia

#1 Old Aug 11th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Sorta-Newbie

Send a message via AIM to yomny
Boggin, sputtering..help?

I have a 93 240sx and the problem is that it bogs under acceleration, when i accelerate instead of picking up it sort of bogs, it goes but like not with it's full potential, like misfire or sputter. It already replaced the spark plugs and the wires. I also removed the AIV and that whole system thing, the car worked better for a day and then went back to the sputtering. Thanks

Just boost It
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old Aug 11th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Nissan Fanatic

check the fuel filter. Those can make your car run like ass. Go with the Z32 fuel filter while you are at it
#3 Old Aug 11th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Sorta-Newbie

Send a message via AIM to yomny
where can i get it, just go to an auto parts and ask for a what? what year car is it fuel filter. Also to change it i should disconnect the fuel pump fuse, to empty out the lines of gas as much as possible? Thanks

Just boost It
#4 Old Aug 11th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Nissan Fanatic

1990-1996 300zx. I dont know if it is N/A or TT. Maybe eithere works..can't recall. I honestly hav enever chnaged a fuel filter. I am about to though because I am installing a walbro 255lph pump. I would disconnect the fuse if nothing else. You can also catch the gas in a pan and put it into a gas can and re use it....dont know how pratical that is. Does fuel that hits air have nay advers affects on performance/driveability
#5 Old Mar 9th, 2006, 02:23 PM
NissanForums Newbie

95 240sx

OK heres the run down of mine . WHile driving it will sputter and the whole car with jump . Strangely enough it settles down and goes away . The check engine light is on . Any ideas ? I'm thinking of running some fuel injector cleaner and a tune up to start .
#6 Old Mar 9th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Sup Mod keeping the peace

If the 'check engine' light is on, do an ECU code readout. It will most likely help you fix your problem.
#7 Old Mar 14th, 2006, 05:34 PM
NissanForums Newbie

O2 sensor

CHeck engine light was on . Autozone said the EGR the MAS and the O2 were all in alarm . So I did a tune up changed the o2 sensor , but not quite ready for the money to spend on the others . However ! She's running like a dream now ! The O2 sensor must have done the trick , I can even tell a power increase (probably the tuneup ) . Anyway figured I'd post the fix O2 sensor all the way . I'll fix the others just to get the light off .
#8 Old Mar 15th, 2006, 04:04 AM
sr20 freek

Send a message via AIM to surfer240sx
while ur workin on it get a pcv valve it stopped my probs and it was only 3 bucks and 5 mins of work

Nissan Forum > 240SX/Silvia/S12 200SX > S13 240SX 1989-1994
Related Reading: Boggin, sputtering..help?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.