Cluster Wiring Analog > Digital - Nissan Forum
S13 240SX 1989-1994 Including Silvia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Oct 9th, 2005, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

Cluster Wiring Analog > Digital

I bought a 240sx a few days ago, it has a Digital dash some putts wired it in himself and made a mess of the dash puttin in the HUD.

I've searched the forums for a day now

None of it works except the tach, and the lights come on sometimes at night. Wondering if anyone knows what is the proper way to switch the wiring on the black plug to be used with the Digital Display.

I think he crossed the Yellow/Green stripe with the Yellow/Green Line.

2 wires for the harness are loose too, Purple and Baby Blue.

I need to know some wiring details or a diagram would help. I have the ECU diagram but its kinda usless not all wires are there.

Last edited by 240sxSR20det; Oct 9th, 2005 at 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Oct 11th, 2005, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

Alright, so I tested the actual cluster in someone with a HUD, it works fine. I also took his wiring harness and tried it in my car but I still can't get the HUD to light up... or the clock now....

Can someone enlighten me.

I thought if you had the harness uncut it would work.... but it doesn't and I know the cluster works.... any ideas?
post #3 of 6 Old Oct 11th, 2005, 12:28 AM
NissanForums Newbie

Send a message via MSN to RaptorGTS Send a message via Yahoo to RaptorGTS
i will be doing the same thing here like this weekend since my cluster wont light up and the tach and speedo dont work. I am ordering a new one though so hopefully that will work

RaptorGTS
-2000 Toyota Celica GTS-daily car
-1989 SR20DET 240SX Coupe-project car
post #4 of 6 Old Oct 19th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Nissan Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to holydiver Send a message via Yahoo to holydiver
Go to an auto junkyard. I always see at least 2 or 3 S13s with the analog. get the wiring harness for it from the vehicle. Everything should work, unless you pull it from a 89-90 S13 and put it in a 91-94 S13, or vice versa. In that case, you can take the tach that works and swap it with the tach that doesn't.

-Robert Setzer

"Tonight we ride, and for those about to rock, I salute you." -Jack Black, School Of Rock
post #5 of 6 Old Oct 20th, 2005, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

Alright, so the car I have is an 89, my friend has a 89 with a factory HUD in it. I swapped both harness and cluster from his car into my car. But the Digital Speedometer won't light up. Fuse is good.... What the Fark?
Is this swap just not possible.
post #6 of 6 Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:57 PM
Nissan Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to holydiver Send a message via Yahoo to holydiver
Alright, either one of two things:

a) the 89-90 digital wasn't compatible with the 89-90 analog S13s

or most likely

b) the speedometer unit itself has a fault. they are known for this and thats why you will find a lot of complaints about them on this forum. i've had the same problem. the wiring is the same on the 91-94, so i assume it is on the 89-90

If it is fully functioning in the other car it came from, sorry I was wrong. Good Luck.

-Robert Setzer

"Tonight we ride, and for those about to rock, I salute you." -Jack Black, School Of Rock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forum > 240SX/Silvia/S12 200SX > S13 240SX 1989-1994

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter you desired username.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.