Joined: Jul 2005
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Originally Posted by lewisnc100
Most likely you don't need to replace the TPS, just adjust it. Myself and others have had the exact same codes and adjusting the TPS has fixed it. It is VERY easy to adjust and only takes about 5-10 minutes, but you need to make sure the engine is completely warmed up.
Here's the steps:
To adjust the throttle position sensor you'll just need a .012 and .016 feeler gauge and a multimeter.
Look at the throttle body and you'll see the throttle position sensor on the side with two electrical connections, the top is the closed throttle position switch and the bottom is the variable output throttle position sensor. To adjust the sensor you'll use the top one, the closed throttle position switch.
1. Warm up engine until the fast idle cam retracts and the throttle lever rests on the throttle stop screw (never adjust the stop screw)
2. Remove the electrical connection to the closed throttle position switch (top one on 97 Pathfinder)
3. You'll see 3 terminals, you will be testing for continuity across the top two (5 & 6)
4. Insert the .012 feeler gauge between the stop screw and the throttle drum stop, should have continuity 0 ohms
5. Insert the .016 feeler gauge and you should not have continuity
6. If readings are incorrect loosen the bolts and adjust the sensor (rotate) until the readings are correct
7. When the readings are correct turn the ignition on (wait 5 seconds) and off (wait 10 seconds) and repeat 16 times to relearn the closed position.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2001 Pathfinder Multiple Emission Related Codes given||mcwarren2||Pathfinder||1||Apr 20th, 2005 12:04 AM|
|93 Pathfinder ecu does not flash codes Help||Beezer93path||Truck & SUV||0||Oct 29th, 2004 03:29 PM|
|Help. Nissan Pickup XE 97 Codes 450, 443, 446||jbell||New Member Forum||0||Jun 25th, 2004 01:17 PM|
|1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder XE||morencyj||Truck & SUV||0||Mar 12th, 2003 01:31 PM|