Originally Posted by Terranismo
Hi, I have a 1992 Nissan Terrano (non U.S. Pathfinder) with a NapsZ24 engine. I decided to post this here since most people do not check out the Xterra, Pathfinder forums. I need help in deciding an engine swap fro my truck. I have listed the engines as the following and later cite the probably problems of instalation. Ok here goes:
1. L18 head on a KA24 block
2. SR20DET engine
5. KA24E with the 16 valve head DOHC
problems with each swap are the following:
1. I know the l18 head and KA24 block will fit but what kind of management should I use? A brand new ECU perhaps?
2. Will the SR20DET work well when I engage 4WD? How will I program it to work with my gear case?
3. I know ithe VG30 fits but not a huge increase in power.
4. VG30TT will fit but engine management is an issue as well as cost for the engine itself. Also have to change the tranny.
5. The KA24E doesn't seem to have any problems with the swap except getting the computer to work with my truck.
6. The RB26DETT will cost too much and needs new axles, diferencials, tranny, etc etc etc....
So please help me out.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|SEMA show Spec V's and other Nissan GOODIES||cjsmith11878||General Discussion||13||Jan 26th, 2005 10:51 AM|
|It's my mistake to buy a Nissan Altima 2.5S!!!||mademistake||L31 2002 - 2006||21||Aug 26th, 2004 12:44 PM|
|Courtesy Nissan||kieranlavin||General Discussion||13||Jul 13th, 2003 09:12 PM|
|Nissan Terrano NapsZ24||Terranismo||Truck & SUV||2||Jul 8th, 2002 04:56 AM|
|new Nissan Terrano/Mistral||Terranismo||Truck & SUV||0||Jun 10th, 2002 08:32 PM|