throttle body cleaning-Nissan tech needed - Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Sep 27th, 2008, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

throttle body cleaning-Nissan tech needed

Any Nissan techs please help. I cleaned the throttle body on my 2003 Altima 2.5 today, which appears not to have been a good thing to do. I am a Cadillac tech and they have alot of sensors and electronics so I am familiar with this type of thing and I dont see any way that cleaning the throttle body could actually ruin the tps sensor. I removed the rivets and removed the sensor from the throttle body and inspected it to be sure no chemical had gotten into the sensor and it was totally dry. It would appear that my problem is due to needing and idle relearned. When in park or N the engine surges up and down from about 1000 to 2000rpm. This happened immediately after I cleaned the throttle body. Is there any way to relearn the the idle without the consult system. I have seen several threads on this forum about idle relearn procedures (key on, 5 pedals presses, etc) but I could not get the correct MIL on, flashing, off combination to happen on my vehicle the way it is desc in the forum. Any Nissan tech who has concrete info I would definitely appreciate the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forum > Altima/Stanza > L31 2002 - 2006

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter you desired username.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.