p0460 altima 03 2.5s - Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

p0460 altima 03 2.5s

i have this code p0460 in my altima somebody could tell me how can i fix this please i did the following procedure :

i made all test refering to manual and looks like everething is ok but the warning appear again almost int 3 a 4 weeks.

1) Check voltage between fuel level sensor unit and fuel pump terminal G and ground should be 4.8v in this step i don't understand becauase say connector 87 wire G/B but the voltage almost 12v the voltage of 4.8v is in wire pink gray and i don't know wich wire is really G in the connector

2) so the last that i did was Measurement
Resistance value between terminal G E to test te fuel level sensor the values are :
full tank 4.5 – 5.5Ω test ok
1/2 tank 31.5 – 5.5Ω test 0k
Empty 80.0 – 83.0Ω test ok

any suggestion ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Sorta-Newbie

Quote:
P0460 Fuel Level Sensor Slosh (With Manual Transmission)

Printer Friendly

P0460 Fuel Level Sensor Slosh

Possible Causes Setting Conditions
Fuel level sensor signal open or shorted to ground (intermittent)
Fuel level sensor is damaged or has failed
PCM has failed
Engine at idle speed for 30 seconds in closed loop, vehicle speed indicating 0 mph, and the PCM detected too much variation in the Fuel Level sensor input (indicating fuel slosh with the engine at idle).
This code sets in 2 Trip(s).

MIL Operation This code will turn on the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp). Lamp information includes a thorough explanation with related graphics.

CCM Monitor Monitor information includes a thorough explanation, related graphics and/or a drive cycle picture.

P0460 Fuel Level Sensor Slosh (With Automatic Transmission)

Printer Friendly

P0460 Fuel Level Sensor Slosh

Possible Causes Setting Conditions
Fuel level sensor signal open or shorted to ground (intermittent)
Fuel level sensor is damaged or has failed
PCM has failed
Engine at idle speed for 30 seconds in closed loop, vehicle speed indicating 0 mph, and the PCM detected too much variation in the Fuel Level sensor input (indicating fuel slosh with the engine at idle).
This code sets in 2 Trip(s).

MIL Operation This code will turn on the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp). Lamp information includes a thorough explanation with related graphics.

CCM Monitor Monitor information includes a thorough explanation, related graphics and/or a drive cycle picture.
just change the sensor. its part of the pump. should only take about an hour or so.
post #3 of 3 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMystery101
just change the sensor. its part of the pump. should only take about an hour or so.

Thanks for anwer

looks like the sensor is good because i made all the test the manual said, also i trying to buy it but i don't find it say is part of fuel pump

but i don't with is cable is connetor G really according the manual becuase say the wire G/B had to be 4.8v but had 12v the wire that had the voltage 4.8v is pink/gray so i'm confuse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forum > Altima/Stanza > L31 2002 - 2006

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter you desired username.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.