Removing Altima bumper - Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Nissan Enthusiast

Removing Altima bumper

Need to remove the bumper of my car. Could anyone help me find detailed instructions, or would anyone know how. I'm sure it's quite simple, I just want to make 100%sure.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:41 AM
Nissan Addict

um.. lets see first

Open the hood.. the clips off using a flat head screw driver there should be four or five i think.. under the bumper .. on each side there are two black screws ... take those off..
turn the wheel to the opposite side if you're not taking the wheels off .. get the mud guard fender plastic thing around the wheel .. whatever it is called.. and there are two 10mm bolts both holding the bumper to the fender... one is on the top the other is on the bottom..
.. i hope this picture helps dude..

What do muscle cars and tampons have in common ? yup.. most pussies have one..

Last edited by cdmorenot; Jun 3rd, 2006 at 12:51 AM.
post #3 of 11 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Nissan Enthusiast

WOW, THAT IS AMAZING cdmorenot!!!! Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
I should have specified though, the back bumper. Sorry for the confusion. If you can do anything like what you did for the front bumper, that would be great!!!....if possible.
Thanks again man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot
um.. lets see first

Open the hood.. the clips off using a flat head screw driver there should be four or five i think.. under the bumper .. on each side there are two black screws ... take those off..
turn the wheel to the opposite side if you're not taking the wheels off .. get the mud guard fender plastic thing around the wheel .. whatever it is called.. and there are two 10mm bolts both holding the bumper to the fender... one is on the top the other is on the bottom..
.. i hope this picture helps dude..

post #4 of 11 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:10 AM
Back from the ban!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLTS
If you can do anything like what you did for the front bumper, that would be great!!!....if possible.
Thanks again man.
He did that a while back, but if you ask real nice, he make remove the back bumper and take pics to show you how

:SOLD:Pewter Altima 02 3.5SE 5MT Sport/Leather Loaded
To buy myself a 06 350Z Enthusiast :)
:SOLD: 1997 Ext Cab XE Pick-up 2-19-06
:SOLD: 1986 KC 4x4 Pick-up 2-15-06
To buy the wife a Saturn... :(
post #5 of 11 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Nissan Enthusiast

A picture would obviously be great, but as long as I know how to properly remove the bumber (even if it is only writen form) it would be great. If possible an estimate of time it would take.
Thanks again
post #6 of 11 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
Nissan Addict

LMAO.... lol... okay.. i would so do it because i have a bumper sitting in my garage but my digital camera is busted.. but you know ill borrow one from someone and ill do it.. in the mean time.. get underneath the car and there are i think 7 clips... 2 on each side.. and 3 in the back.. okay.. umm.. get the carpeting out of the way inside the trunk and loosen up i think there are two bolts.. um.. or three.. one you get at from inside the trunk.. the other 2 from under the car.. .. let's see what else.. um.. remove the tailights.. and there should be i think another clip.. if you are replacing the bumper make sure you save the metal pieces that are attached to the bumper because those are the mounting brackets and the new bumper will NOT come with them.. if try to do the picture but if i cant and you have any more ?s let me know..

it shouldn't take you more than .. ten minutes.. for this you need a flat head a phillip head a 10mm and a 12mm .. oh AND BEFORE YOU REMOVE THE BUMPER.. get extra clips.. because THEY WILL break.!!! .. you can use any clip that fits in the whole.. doesn't really have to be a nissan clip..

post #7 of 11 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 04:34 PM
Nissan Addict

OKAY HOPE THIS HELPS.. THE PICTURES KINDA SUCK CAUSE I TOOK THEM WITH MY PHONE! GO VZW AND FREE PIX MESSAGING LOL..! UM.. TWO OF THE BOLS THAT GO TO THE SIDE OF THE BUMPER ARE IN THE INSIDE OF THE TRUNK AND THE OTHER YOU NEED TO GET OUT FROM THE BOTTOM..

post #8 of 11 Old Jun 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Nissan Enthusiast

HAHAHA, OH MY GOD MAN, you are the greatest! that is amazing. Perfect, couldn't have come out better. Thanks alot dude.
post #9 of 11 Old Jun 4th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Back from the ban!!!

I really didn't think he would do it! Pretty damn helpful.
Hey, I want to know how to install my turbo, can you buy one and take pics of each step of the install for me

post #10 of 11 Old Jun 5th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Nissan Addict

watson.. you Fag.. lol .. you're too much but if i buy the turbo and put it in my QR you have to swap out the VQ that's in ur three fitty for a QR so you can follow all the steps.. haha .. and BOLTS no prob dude.. anytime ... hey listen even though im posting up a thread about it ill put it here..

everytime i start my car the smell of gas is crazy... and sometimes i even smell gas when the car is parked what do you think this could be.. ? the thing is running too rich or what ?

it never did it before an nothing has been installed on the car lately... so i dont know what could be causing this stinkin a.. smell.. lol

Last edited by cdmorenot; Jun 5th, 2006 at 12:31 AM.
post #11 of 11 Old Jun 6th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Back from the ban!!!

Check the fuel lines in the engine compartment if the smell comes through the vents, if not then check the fuel pump seal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forum > Altima/Stanza > L31 2002 - 2006

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter you desired username.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.