low idel in gear -> stalls - Nissan Forum
GA16DE 1.6L Engine Engine Discussion: 91-99 Sentra, 95-98 200SX, 91-93 NX1600

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old Oct 26th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Nissan Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Big Sur, CA
Posts: 332
low idel in gear -> stalls

hello, i searched but didnt find any answers.
i hvae a 96 200sx(A/T) with 132000 miles. when in P or N the car idles fine, a little below 800rpms(about 750). how ever when its in D or R the idle drops to about 500rpms and it almost dies, i have to keep tapping the gas. this happens when the car is warmed up. i swear it also happens when the car is on a *slight* (very slight) downhill slope. when i say slight i mean slight(like if both your front tires were flat, that slight) any ideas, clean the IACV? anything else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old Oct 26th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Cone Dodger
 
azkicker0027's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Houston, Texas y'all...
Posts: 3,081
Send a message via AIM to azkicker0027
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli
hello, i searched but didnt find any answers.
i hvae a 96 200sx(A/T) with 132000 miles. when in P or N the car idles fine, a little below 800rpms(about 750). how ever when its in D or R the idle drops to about 500rpms and it almost dies, i have to keep tapping the gas. this happens when the car is warmed up. i swear it also happens when the car is on a *slight* (very slight) downhill slope. when i say slight i mean slight(like if both your front tires were flat, that slight) any ideas, clean the IACV? anything else?
you can try cleaning the IAC valve, but you might just end up replacing it.
also try to see if your idle will go up with the AC on, i know it's cold out now, but try to see if the applied load will be compensated for.

Naturally aspirated autocross car.............naturally.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/azkicker0027 Retired STF champ car.
http://shop.3bspecialties.com/main.sc
http://www.facebook.com/azkicker0027
azkicker0027 is online now  
#3 Old Oct 26th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Nissan Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Big Sur, CA
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkicker0027
you can try cleaning the IAC valve, but you might just end up replacing it.
also try to see if your idle will go up with the AC on, i know it's cold out now, but try to see if the applied load will be compensated for.
cool ill give it a shot, but i never have the a/c on when i drive(good part about cali). I think your right about replacing the IACV though, about a month a go i got a CEL about the IACV. about a week after i got it diagnoised, it suddenly went away. i thought it cured its self. if tou guys thinnk the dealer is bad, the mechanic who diagnosed the code wanted $245 for the valve, and $80 to put it in. when i called the dealer they only wanted $145 for the valve(still a jack) im gonna buy one online, are they hard to replace?
thanks
#4 Old Oct 28th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Nissan Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Butler, PA
Posts: 72
Send a message via AIM to JerodKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli
cool ill give it a shot, but i never have the a/c on when i drive(good part about cali). I think your right about replacing the IACV though, about a month a go i got a CEL about the IACV. about a week after i got it diagnoised, it suddenly went away. i thought it cured its self. if tou guys thinnk the dealer is bad, the mechanic who diagnosed the code wanted $245 for the valve, and $80 to put it in. when i called the dealer they only wanted $145 for the valve(still a jack) im gonna buy one online, are they hard to replace?
thanks
They are very easy to replace, but before you go buying one, usually cleaning it can clear the code. There are two very good write-ups on how to do it floating around, just search for them, since at most you will be out a can of carb cleaner and a toothbrush. If your careful you can reuse your gasket, but if it breaks it's like a dollar from the dealer.
#5 Old Oct 28th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Nissan Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Big Sur, CA
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerodKing
They are very easy to replace, but before you go buying one, usually cleaning it can clear the code. There are two very good write-ups on how to do it floating around, just search for them, since at most you will be out a can of carb cleaner and a toothbrush. If your careful you can reuse your gasket, but if it breaks it's like a dollar from the dealer.
thats laughs, i asked the guy who diagnosed the code if it was hard, and he said ya, that i probably couldnt do it my self, and they wanted $80 to do it cause he was gonna give me a deal..... fucker
Reply

  Nissan Forum > Sentra, Pulsar, NX, B14 200SX > GA16DE 1.6L Engine

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RL4F03A Governor gear source! farna B13 91-94 chassis 8 May 8th, 2010 12:32 AM
replaced clutch causes 5th gear popout(?) ignatz E/CA-Series & GA16i Engines 12 Sep 7th, 2008 08:07 PM
Difference between Redline MTL and redline gear oil?? Cgamboa GA16DE 1.6L Engine 2 Jan 28th, 2005 09:30 AM
manuel with spec v no1d B15 2000-2006 49 Mar 8th, 2004 04:44 PM
5th Gear popout, cheap fix simple.....not easy HalfJap B11/B12/KN13 82-90 chassis 2 Jul 25th, 2003 09:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On