rain X damages windshields? - Nissan Forum
Car Care Information on maintaining your vehicle's appearance.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old Sep 24th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Nissan Enthusiast
 
initial V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Guam
Posts: 101
Question rain X damages windshields?

i heard from someone that rain X can damage your windshield.
is this true or is this a rumor?
thanks in advance!

SHIFT_nai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old Sep 24th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
 
manuelga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MEXICO
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by initial V
i heard from someone that rain X can damage your windshield.
is this true or is this a rumor?
thanks in advance!
Rumor, I've used for ~15yrs at several cars & no problem at all, as long as we were talking about the X-Rain "The Windhield Wiper".

It works for Windshield, head & foglights, mirrors, side crystals & even to tailights.
#3 Old Sep 24th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Red line chaser
 
wickedsr20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by initial V
i heard from someone that rain X can damage your windshield.
is this true or is this a rumor?
Has to be a rumor. I've used it on 6 different cars of mine with absolutely no problems at all for many many years. I hate to drive without it in heavy rain.

96 SE-R: SR20VE - bolt ons
97 SE-R: SR20DET 54C - on hold - need $$$
03 Altima SE V6: PR CAI/SS grill/alarm & remote start/100 sf Stinger Roadkill/
19's (need tires)/stereo going in next
#4 Old Sep 25th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Zac
Not Anymore.
 
Zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,014
Heh, it is BS. Ive used it on my car for years and on at least 40 customer's cars. They all love it. Rain X, Rain X Anti fog, Rain X window wipers and Rain X Glass Cleaner (amonia free so it wont damage your tint) are all among the highest standard of product quality. I have never had a problem.

nothing to say
#5 Old Sep 25th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
 
manuelga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MEXICO
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZac
"...Rain X Anti fog..."
I always have problems with this, I have 2 or 3 bottles stocked (I bought them with a package of regular Rain-X) since many years ago.

I always leave marks & finished cleaning with something that eliminates the antifog efect.

How did you use it?

By the way, I clean windshield with some products, specially when I put the Rain-X & the best product for the final detail I've founded it's Stoner Invisible Glass, what do you think about it?
#6 Old Sep 25th, 2004, 05:50 AM
What is Seven Ten for?
 
xbrandonx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: x502x
Posts: 2,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZac
Heh, it is BS. Ive used it on my car for years and on at least 40 customer's cars. They all love it. Rain X, Rain X Anti fog, Rain X window wipers and Rain X Glass Cleaner (amonia free so it wont damage your tint) are all among the highest standard of product quality. I have never had a problem.
anti fog is amonia free as well (way you wrote it makes it seem so just checking)

I used rain X and in the morning the dew builds up and makes it really hard to see, it doesn't come off with the wipers like it would without it, but durring a rain it helps out a good amount. I just can't see in the mornings going to work as well as I used to.

SE-R SpecV
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
#7 Old Sep 26th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Zac
Not Anymore.
 
Zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelga
I always have problems with this, I have 2 or 3 bottles stocked (I bought them with a package of regular Rain-X) since many years ago.

I always leave marks & finished cleaning with something that eliminates the antifog efect.

How did you use it?

By the way, I clean windshield with some products, specially when I put the Rain-X & the best product for the final detail I've founded it's Stoner Invisible Glass, what do you think about it?
I rarely clean interior windows and when I do it is with a very, very mild cleaner, especially on tints. As for using it, I rubbed in it very hardly with a terry towel in a circular motion. I've used Invisible Glass a good amount. I like it.

nothing to say
#8 Old Sep 26th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Zac
Not Anymore.
 
Zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrandonx
anti fog is amonia free as well (way you wrote it makes it seem so just checking)

I used rain X and in the morning the dew builds up and makes it really hard to see, it doesn't come off with the wipers like it would without it, but durring a rain it helps out a good amount. I just can't see in the mornings going to work as well as I used to.
I was referring that the Rain X glass cleaner was amonia free where as many other cleaners are not. Sorry about the bad wording. The dew thing is kind of odd. I've never had a problem myself but I usually keep my car garaged so I have litle dew. What wipers and windshield fluid are you using?

nothing to say
#9 Old Sep 26th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
 
manuelga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MEXICO
Posts: 691
X-Rain Antifog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZac
As for using it, I rubbed in it very hardly with a terry towel in a circular motion.
This has to be one of my cars jobs in a near future, specially because humid weather is becoming colder here & soon the fog will appear at my side windows.

Me neither clean inner windows very often, I rather preffer take care of them & keep them clean.
#10 Old Sep 26th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Surf
 
Shawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 807
Tell the douche bag that told you this to quit trying to scar Rain X's reputation. Rain X is the shit.

Sentra & F4
#11 Old Sep 26th, 2004, 11:16 AM
What is Seven Ten for?
 
xbrandonx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: x502x
Posts: 2,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZac
I was referring that the Rain X glass cleaner was amonia free where as many other cleaners are not. Sorry about the bad wording. The dew thing is kind of odd. I've never had a problem myself but I usually keep my car garaged so I have litle dew. What wipers and windshield fluid are you using?
I'm not completely positive, but the 1st time dew was on the window and I hit the wipers (before I ever used any fluid) it did this. it also fogged up the inside a bit (IS THE RAIN X ANTI FOG SAFE FOR TINT? I COULDN'T FIND ANYWHERE THAT IT SAID AMMONIA FREE) The water that was out of reach of the wipers glided right off as soon as I took off so I know it was working. I replaced my blades about 2 months ago so they should be fine for a bit. Maybe next time I'll go for the silicone blades.

SE-R SpecV
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
#12 Old Sep 26th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Please Shift Here
 
Ninety-Nine SE-L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 6,696
Send a message via AIM to Ninety-Nine SE-L
Never had a problem with rainX, I jus keep forgetting to reapply when it fades away. Make sure to keep wiping until the foggyness disappears.
Ninety-Nine SE-L is offline  
#13 Old Sep 26th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Nissan Enthusiast
 
cool_rebel671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 45
No problems here either. Except one. I had a "Toyz 'R' Us" sticker on the windshield. I was putting on Rain-X. I looked away for a moment and kept wiping. When I looked back I saw the sticker was faded. Not so much the black parts compared to the colored stipes. Looked like heat wear.
cool_rebel671 is offline  
#14 Old Sep 26th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Zac
Not Anymore.
 
Zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
Tell the douche bag that told you this to quit trying to scar Rain X's reputation. Rain X is the shit.
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrandonx
I'm not completely positive, but the 1st time dew was on the window and I hit the wipers (before I ever used any fluid) it did this. it also fogged up the inside a bit (IS THE RAIN X ANTI FOG SAFE FOR TINT? I COULDN'T FIND ANYWHERE THAT IT SAID AMMONIA FREE) The water that was out of reach of the wipers glided right off as soon as I took off so I know it was working. I replaced my blades about 2 months ago so they should be fine for a bit. Maybe next time I'll go for the silicone blades.
To be honest I couldnt tell you for sure. It has alcohol in it...I dont think ammonia. If you look at reviews, people say it doesnt work. In order for it to work, you gotta rub the hell outta it in a circular motion and then wipe excess.

nothing to say
#15 Old Sep 27th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Nissan Enthusiast
 
B14Boost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 33
Send a message via AIM to B14Boost Send a message via Yahoo to B14Boost
I <3 RainX :-D
Reply

  Nissan Forum > Cosmetics and Show > Car Care

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAI in the Rain maduncs B13 91-94 chassis 11 Jan 4th, 2004 12:10 PM
Cold Air in the Rain maduncs General Discussion 2 Dec 15th, 2003 02:53 PM
1986 200SX: Occasional Problems Starting After Heavy Rain jdanniel General 240SX/Silvia/S12 200SX 3 Nov 23rd, 2003 10:30 PM
pulling over in the rain skooter General Discussion 4 Sep 2nd, 2002 10:21 PM
Rain Guards for SE-R/Spec-V SE-R420 B15 2000-2006 1 Aug 6th, 2002 12:07 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On