Spark Plugs in 2007 sentra - Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old Dec 25th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Nissan Enthusiast

Spark Plugs in 2007 sentra

I went to change my plugs yesterday when I realized the manifold and all it's assorted crap appears to block them? Please tell me I'm a dumb dumb and Nissan did not design an engine that requires semi-major surgery to replace a regular replacement part such as spark plugs. What's next? Remove the tranny to change the air filter?

Anyone done this? Tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old Dec 27th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Post Freak

Yes, it does require some work to change the plugs. You have to remove the engine cover, intake manifold and intake tube around the TB. I haven't actually done it yet but here are some pics that might help - scroll down to the ones that apply to you.

MobileMe Gallery
#3 Old Dec 31st, 2010, 03:25 PM
Nissan Enthusiast

I can give you a step by step, tool by tool if you want it.
#4 Old Dec 31st, 2010, 04:38 PM
Nissan Addict

Send a message via AIM to Outkast
10 minutes tops with the right tools. Just make sure you get new gaskets for the intake and throttle body. If you take the bolts out and just let the throttle body hang you won't have to deal with the coolant lines. I literally did this job last Monday on a customer car.

Nissan Master Tech, Mtn View Nissan Chattanooga, TN
#5 Old Feb 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
NissanForums Newbie

PBLEAD,

I'd be interested in the step by step process for my 2007 Sentra. Thanks...
#6 Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
NissanForums Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkast View Post
10 minutes tops with the right tools. Just make sure you get new gaskets for the intake and throttle body. If you take the bolts out and just let the throttle body hang you won't have to deal with the coolant lines. I literally did this job last Monday on a customer car.
The day you change these spark plugs on a MR20 B16 Sentra in 10 minutes, I'll drop down on my knees right there and suck your dick.

If you can't catch my point, I'm saying it's impossible. You'll never do it correctly and I'm pretty much saying that it can't be done even if you do it incorrectly.

I'm doing a detailed how to on my sentra site, allsentra.com in case anyone wants it. Not trying to advertise the site but that's where I hang out and it's where my info is going.

10 minutes, lol.
#7 Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
jdg
The Judge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
The day you change these spark plugs on a MR20 B16 Sentra in 10 minutes, I'll drop down on my knees right there and suck your dick.
The Slow Clap - CollegeHumor Video

99% of the questions that are "STRANGE" have a dirt simple answer...usually answered by a dirt simple search.

NISSAN GOOGLE

Is it just me, or does the majority overlook the obvious?

Somebody ate a whole bag of dumbass for breakfast.

Why do people continue to run a vehicle when a warning light comes on or starts flashing? Isn't that a clue that something is wrong and you probably should NOT drive it?
Is this whole car driving thing really freekin' brain surgery?

Here's something new for the crowd/clowns...
"A little bit of Google goes a long way!"

Ever notice the one post wonders for info on turbo'ing a GA16 are never heard from again after they figure out the cost???

And if you can read this, you don't need glasses! :)

And yes, I am diggin' it...
#8 Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 09:34 PM
NissanForums Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgrotte View Post
If you're ever around my place, you just won yourself a 6 pack of your choice. Best reply ever!
#10 Old Mar 26th, 2013, 08:39 PM
NissanForums Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkast View Post
Would like to attempt this on my 2007 Sentra, is the "gaskets for the intake and throttle body" absolutely required? Trying to source these parts, bu they are a little harder to find.

Cheers,
tido
#11 Old Mar 29th, 2013, 06:28 PM
NissanForums Newbie

I don't mind. I'm in New Orleans, LA though.
#12 Old May 10th, 2013, 01:19 PM
NissanForums Newbie

Well mostly the stock plugs have good performance because they are make with good quality material.. mostly people change them after 50 to 70k miles.... if you are facing any problem then you can replace with them with the NGK plugs. They are the best in all over the world.

Nissan Forum > Sentra, Pulsar, NX, B14 200SX > B16 2007+

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.