CEL (Check Engine Light) - Nissan Forum
B15 2000-2006 2000+ Sentra including 2002+ SE-R and SpecV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Mar 18th, 2017, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
NissanForums Newbie

CEL (Check Engine Light)

Hi All,

I know that this same topic was probably posted over 100 times already but i would like if anyone can help me with the following problem please as this is really frustrating

I have a Nissan B15 2004 Model, and when i purchased the car the speedometer wasn't working, the odometer was working for about a week and then it stopped .. i checked all the fuses and the fuses are good

A diagnostic was done because the check engine light was on and it pulled a code of P0500 (Vehicle Speed Sensor A) and a complete diagnostic showed Speed Sensor Motor

A used speed sensor was purchased and installed but still no speed reading .. also i tried changing the speedo head (instrument cluster) with a used one but still no speed reading nor odometer reading

I don't knw what else can be done .....

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Mar 21st, 2017, 12:05 AM
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech

Nico Club's site has downloadable service manuals and NissanHelp.com has downloadable section. Get yourself the "Engine Control" section of the service manual and follow the diagnostics for the P0500 service code. The fact the odometer was working and not the speedometer for a time suggests that the speed sensor and circuit were fine at that time and the issue was in the cluster. It's possible that used cluster was faulty, as well. Personally, if it were mine, I would send the original cluster out to a place that repairs clusters and have them check it out. Circuit Board Medics is one such place.

Nissan Forum > Sentra, Pulsar, NX, B14 200SX > B15 2000-2006

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.