AC drain clogged - Nissan Forum
B15 2000-2006 2000+ Sentra including 2002+ SE-R and SpecV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old Jul 16th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Sorta-Newbie

AC drain clogged

Recently I had water dripping out of my vents when the AC is on full blast, and the passenger side floor is soaked. After doing some research, I'm fairly certain that the problem has to do with the condensed water from the AC not being able to drain out properly.
I even checked to see if the regular tell-tale AC puddle of water was under the car, and sure enough it wasn't.
So, I'm guessing something is stuck in the drain, or perhaps the a draining pipe dislodged.
Problem is, I have no idea what I'm looking for when I peek under the car. Does anyone have any diagrams of the AC system, and where it is supposed to drain from? I'm poking around under the car, but I really don't know what I'm looking for....

Anyone have a technical manual or diagram or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Nissan Addict

You don't indicate what year you have, but check phatg20.net for an FSM.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2577101
01 Sentra SE 97,000 miles
97 Hardbody XE King Cab 220,000 miles
94 Sentra LE 250,000 miles RIP
#3 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Sorta-Newbie

its an '01
#4 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Nissan Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to jakehale
well i would look under your dash and find the evaporator (usually the big black box) and there should be a rubber tube that goes from it through your firewall. Money says it has come loose either from the evap unit or come out of the firewall and is dripping onto your floorboard. should be an easy fix.
This is coming from my B13 knowledge, but I am sure they all mostly work the same.

jake

2008 SE-R, Spec-V
'95 Sentra - R*I*P
#5 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Sorta-Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehale
well i would look under your dash and find the evaporator (usually the big black box) and there should be a rubber tube that goes from it through your firewall. Money says it has come loose either from the evap unit or come out of the firewall and is dripping onto your floorboard. should be an easy fix.
This is coming from my B13 knowledge, but I am sure they all mostly work the same.

jake
That wouldn't explain the water shooting out of the vents, would it?
I think the drain is clogged/stuffed up with something, and its backing into the rest of the system. A quick peak under the dashboard shows nothing noticeably wrong, other than the carpeting being wet of course...
#6 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Nissan Addict

Like I said, there's an FSM out on phatg20.net. You'll have to download it and WinRAR to unpack it.

#7 Old Jul 17th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Sorta-Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnissanguy
Like I said, there's an FSM out on phatg20.net. You'll have to download it and WinRAR to unpack it.
Thanks, I tried that.
These are great to have, btw. A fantastic resource, I'm glad you pointed it out.
Problem is, it goes into great detail about the AC system, servicing parts, refridgerants, etc, but I can't find anything about a condensation drain.
I know it should be under the evaporator, but I'm having a hard time determining where that is according to their diagrams.

I think I'm just going to have to bring it to a dealer tomorrow and have him put it on the lift.
I just don't want the carpeting to start growing mold...
#8 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I Live Here

if you look under the car at the firewall area you should see the drain tube sticking out, try sticking a wire up the hose to unplug it, thats the quick fix. the long way would be to pull the glove box out and pull the evap case apart and clean it out then put it all back together
#9 Old Jul 18th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Nissan Addict

You're right, I couldn't find it on mine either. It must be comming out under the car somewhere. However, it's referenced on page HA-75 of the FSM.

#10 Old Jul 19th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Sorta-Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnissanguy
You're right, I couldn't find it on mine either. It must be comming out under the car somewhere. However, it's referenced on page HA-75 of the FSM.
But it doesn't show you where! I know approximately where it SHOULD be, but without a lift I can't get a good look under the car. I don't just want to go jamming a hangar under there, ya know?

So, the fear of growing mold spores on my consistantly wet carpetting made me cave in and bring it to a local garage.
They put it on a lift, and stuck some wire in it, water poured out, and now everything's great!

Mechanic charged me $10, and the carpetting dried up after running the vents for a bit.

Thanks to everyone for your support and help!

Now my only problem is that the vents dripped water onto my aftermarket stereo, and it hasn't worked properly since!
Eh, I wanted to buy a new Bluetooth unit anyway. We'll see if I can fix it first.

Nissan Forum > Sentra, Pulsar, NX, B14 200SX > B15 2000-2006

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.