Nissan Forum

Nissan Forum (http://www.NissanForums.com/forum.html)
-   B15 2000-2006 (http://www.NissanForums.com/b15-2000-2006/)
-   -   2001 nissan sentra ECU (computer Box ) question??? (http://www.NissanForums.com/b15-2000-2006/130959-2001-nissan-sentra-ecu-computer-box.html)

RAustin Apr 9th, 2009 02:22 PM

2001 Nissan Setntra GXE 1.8 AT ECU Problem...also

I read your posts and would also like to know if you guys have resolved the issue. I'm on the verge of ordering a refurb ECU for $300 and if I can save the money, that would be AWESOME! Let me know if the ECU was the problem. Thanks.

donnie1221 Apr 11th, 2009 10:33 AM

K, I just had this issue where the service engine light wouldn't go off, my regular mechanic told me they got rid of one code, the other was a dealer code. Basically the dealer said I had an automatic's cpu in my manual car and would need a manual cpu/ecu. So, I got one and did the switch this morning, no ses light on anymore!!! I'm very happy! If anyone's lookin for an automatic ECU, i'll sell it, $130.

fsboreal Apr 18th, 2009 11:18 PM

I'm interested, just sent you a message.

fsboreal Apr 19th, 2009 05:16 PM

I have a general question about the ECU unit. I think I need a new one and I wonder where people are reading the numbers from.

I removed the entire black plastic case from the space in the engine compartment and opened up the case and inside is a metal box but I don't see any numbers on it. Are the numbers on the black plastic case?

Also, when you get a new one does it come in the whole black case or do you just get the box inside? I think I may have found one at an auto salvage but I don't know the numbers.

Thanks

fsboreal Apr 19th, 2009 05:25 PM

Here's my story,

A few months back my 2001 sentra gxe 1.8 L started acting sluggish in the mornings, hot, warm or cold outside. It would seem like it was going to stall and so I would step on it and it would get going fine and wouldn't happen the rest of the day. Then it started to happen more frequently and then it didn't happen at all.

Then one day on the tollway it did it all the time and I barely made it off onto side streets. I would press the gas and it's like I didn't even do anything, it would bog down. I got it home and figured it was a fuel pump but the pump seemed fine. Then we thought it was a fuel pressure regulator because the pressure seemed a bit high so we replaced that.

Then I cleaned the Mass airflow sensor with a spray cleaner and it seemed like that helped. I drove it around the block and it got up to speed slowly but if you stepped on it it wouldn't even know you did anything. so then we thought throttle position sensor and I cleaned that. In the meantime I got a OBD to USB cable and some software and checked the data. It crashed the program and it wouldn't send all data, just some. The cable and program worked fine on my other car. So I think pretty much it's an ECM. I just need to know what to get and how to replace it.

Thanks

RAustin Jun 15th, 2009 04:51 PM

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE - ECM troubles

Update: I have replaced two of the O2 sensors on my sentra. I have replaced the fuel pump. I then replaced the ECM. NOTHING! Stupid Nissan!

So my mechanic replaced the Mass Air Flow Sensor. Nothing. We sent the ECM back to where we got it so that they could check it.But they reported that it was working fine. So I am now waiting for a different ECM. Has anyone fixed this problem and if so, HOW? Toss me a bone. Thanks.

cypark Jul 8th, 2009 04:18 PM

Hi,

I bought 2001 xe 3 wks ago and I had ses light since 5 min after I bought the car.
Since then, mass air flow sensor has been changed 3 times and the dealer (and his mechanic) has no idea what to do.

The code the car is giving is interpreted to be having problem with following three.
1. Mass air flow sensor
2. ECU
3. Wiring (Connection)

I will post if it gets solved.

Good luck to everyone!!!

cypark Jul 8th, 2009 04:47 PM

RECALL: 2000 - 2003 Nissan Sentra
NHTSA Campaign Number: 03V455000 Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA) | U.S. Department of Transportation

Manufacturer NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Recall Date: 11/17/2003
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 630000

Description: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING

Summary: ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.

Consequence: THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON DECEMBER 22, 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.

tyrob42 Jun 28th, 2010 08:19 AM

How about a 06 Sentra 1.8L do you know where the ECU is on that?.

armand36 Apr 23rd, 2011 05:17 PM

2000 Nissan Sentra replace ECM TCM PCM code p1605

Hi everyone, just giving some insight on an issue I had. I have a 2000 Nissan Sentra GXE with a 1.8L motor, automatic transmission, power windows, and no security system (when I was looking at junk yards they always asked me those) . I had the ses light on with code P1605 and the symptom was that the car would start in second gear go to third but never into fourth gear so it would revving up high(5k rpm)while going 60mph and you couldn't turn overdrive on/off. I replaced the ecm since these cars come equipped with a pcm which includes ecm and tcm in one. My pcm number was RC 5ZE1RC JA56L60. The one I purchased from ebay for $200 number was RC 5ZE1RC JA56Q47. The number was slightly different but it worked perfectly. It starts in first gear and goes through all of them perfectly. Everything works normally.
Hope this helps. :) Im not a mechanic im just a weekend diy kinda guy so confirm if this will work for you.

juan0567 May 13th, 2012 02:41 PM

2000 nissan sentra gxe 1.8

@armand36 where exactly are those computers located? i have been having that exact problem i thought it was the transmission but its still does the same thing(stuck on 2nd gear will not change after) i bought the TCM tranny computer module..

juan0567 May 13th, 2012 02:43 PM

@armand36 where exactly are those computers located? i have been having that exact problem i thought it was the transmission but its still does the same thing(stuck on 2nd gear will not change after) i bought the TCM tranny computer module..

armand36 May 13th, 2012 05:03 PM

pcm location

@juan my pcm was located in the firewall on the passenger side. Top left corner if you are facing the engine, should be in a plastic casing that goes into the firewall.
-goodluck