Same result here. 97 Altima. Replaced damaged remote. Followed procedure and can never get the lights to flash. Locked all doors using driver side door latch. No good. Locked all doors using driver side power lock. No good. Inserting and removing key completely. No rush. If lights never flash, how can I even get into programming mode? Don't really care about the remote now...just want the lights to flash first so I know it's in programming mode! Any ideas? Procedure I follow as detailed below:
FCC ID # (BACK OF REMOTE) :
KOBUTA3T or KOBUTA37
CANADA: 1983 101 754
1. Close and lock all doors with the driverís side power lock/unlock switch.
2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. ( Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time ) . If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.
3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.
4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the keyless remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. ( Do not press the button more than one time in the above step). If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.
5. If there are any remaining remotes (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driverís side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each keyless remote (including any existing keyless remotes).
6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driverís side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.
If these instructions work for others, then I am happy to be of help. I just wish I could get it to work for myself...